Calcium stains on tiles, rust stains on the pool floor, copper stains near the main drain and salt stains on pool steps – our Swimart pool technicians have seen it all! Most pool stains occur when excess organic material and/or metallic compounds combine with imbalanced pool water.
Here are 3 common causes and signs of pool stains:
Calcium – often causes by excessive pH levels, incorrectly installed interiors and constant temperature changes. Signs include:
- White and flaky scales (calcium carbonate)
- White / grey hard deposits (calcium silicate)
- White lumps increasing in size
Rust – typically caused by metal objects like bobby pins, hair ties and bottle tops which have fallen into the pool. Signs include:
- Brown or copper stain that can’t be wiped or brushed away
- Forms the shape of object like a bobby pin or bottle top
- Stain remaining the same size and colour
Algae – caused by an imbalance in the pH of the pool from wind and rain and can multiply rapidly on warm days. Signs include:
- Green – the most common, often caused by poor filtration and/or sanitisation
- Yellow – mostly found in shady pool spots, clinging to the walls and other surfaces
- Black – the hardest type to get rid of, forms unsightly dark spots on pool surfaces
The good news is that, whatever is causing stains to form on and in your pool, we have the perfection solution for you: Aqua-Health 3 in 1 Stain Remover.
Special features include:
- Removes iron, copper, manganese and rust stains
- Eliminates organic stains caused by algae, leaves and stubborn mould
- Can be used either as a spot treatment or comprehensive as pool care solution
- 1kg of product effectively treats up to 50,000 litres of pool water
Tips when using Aqua-Health 3 in 1 Stain Remover:
- Avoid applying directly to a vinyl liner or painted surface as damage may result to the pool surface
- For vinyl liner spot treatment, place product in a sock or panty hose, attach to telescopic pole and suspend over stained area
- For stains throughout a vinyl liner pool, dissolve in a bucket of water and pour around the perimeter of the pool
- Be aware that high levels of chlorine will reduce its effectiveness, so reduce the chlorine level to zero before using this product
Waterco’s 3 in 1 Stain Remover is part of the fast-acting Aqua-Health pool care range, which includes Algaecides, Balancers, Clarifiers, Oxidisers, Sunscreens, Spa Chemicals and Trouble Shooters.
Stain identification can be tricky. If you need help diagnosing exactly what is causing stains in your pool, simply pop into your local Swimart store or call us on 1300 991 104.