Our Aqua- Health Tropical Algaecide is the benchmark as the most effective and most potent product for killing ALL types of algae.
- Use for the treatment of severe, resistant algae strains.
- Effective over a wide pH range, best results at pH between 7.0 and 7.2.
- At lower pH, the waxy coating surrounding algae cells is greatly softened, allowing easier penetration by chemical.
- Compatible with all recognised sanitisers and other pool additives.
- Do not Superchlorinate for 48 hours before and after product addition
- For severe algae infestations use in conjunction with Lo-Chlor Black Spot 900 Algaecide
- Should NOT be used in pools using Ionisers or Natures 2
- Remember – always test for phosphates after the addition of a Lo-Chlor Algaecide
- Tropical Algaecide is a combination of the organo copper complex contained in Pool Algaecide together with the proven agent, Alkyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride. Both are very effective anti-algae treatments. Combined they will overcome the most resistant of algae strains.
- As the compound suggests this blend contains ammonia.
- When added to a pool running with a salt chlorinator the ammonia occasionally reacts with the gases produced in the salt chlorinator cell causing fine bubbles to form on the surface of the pool.
- These bubbles will dissipate as soon as the chlorinator is switched off and usually only last 5-7 days.
Note: High doses of quaternary ammonium compound may combine with free chlorine, resulting in excess levels of combined chlorine. This phenomenon lasts 2 or 3 days.