With the amount of rain we have experienced in the last week it is important to lower your pool water level and make sure your pool is balanced.
Below please find a quick guide on how to lower your pool’s water levels depending on which filter media system you use.
Sand filter media system
1. Turn off the pool pump.
2. Set the filter valve handle to the BACKWASH pool position and ensure the handle locks in place.
3. Add natural filter cleaner in the skimmer box.
4. Run pump for 20 seconds, turn off the pump and leave for 30 minutes.
5. Turn on the pump whilst valve is still on backwash and run for 3 minutes or until the water in the sight glass (located on the filter) is running clear and water level is back to normal.
6. Turn off the Pump.
7. Set the filter valve handle to the RINSE position and ensure the handle locks in place.
8. Turn on the pump and run the rinse process for 1 minute or until the water in the sight glass is clear.
Cartridge filter media system
1. Turn pump off.
2. Position your 3-way or 2-way valve for discharge (you may have to run a flexible hose to your nearest waste).
3. Turn pump on.
4. This will discharge water from pool to waste allowing to drop the water level in pool.
5. Turn pump off.
6. Resume normal pool operation.
Visit us for a FREE water test!
Heavy rains typically results in dilution and fluctuations in chemical levels. For further Advice & Tips on how to lower your water levels & rebalance your pool, please give us a call or visit us.