You’ve no doubt heard the saying ‘prevention is better than cure’ and, if you own a swimming pool, this simple advice will not only make your life a lot easier but will also save you money. That’s because regularly using preventative – as opposed to curative – products makes it easy to maintain pristine, sparkling, hygienic pool water.
Swimart’s Aqua-Health range includes a number of preventative products that act as an insurance policy against problems that are likely to plague your pool. Algae, phosphates, a build-up of calcium and scale, surface stains, a scale encrusted salt chlorinator cell – all of these can be prevented before they become problematic. And costly to fix.
Swimart’s Pool Protection Program
Our Pool Protection Program can help you minimise the chances of these problems occurring, starting with these effective solutions:
- Aqua-Health Concide is ideal for killing algae
- Aqua-Health’s Starver®X and Starver®M manage and prevent phosphates
- Aqua-Health Aquaguard C.S.M. treats scale, calcium and damaging metals. (It also protects saltwater chlorinator cells from corrosion.)
Aqua-Health Concide is Swimart’s number one preventative algaecide, which only needs to be added to pool water four times a year (every three months). It is a long life, copper-based algaecide that kills and controls algae growth while simultaneously reducing chemical costs. It is very economical to use – one 500ml dose will treat a 60,000-litre pool for up to three months. Bargain!
Aqua-Health’s Starver®X and Starver®M are two high strength phosphate removers:
- Starver®X cures high phosphate levels and should be used when the phosphate level is 2ppm or above
- Starver®M prevents high phosphate levels and should be used regularly (weekly, once the level is below 2ppm) as a maintenance product to keep the level as close to zero as possible
Leaves, rain, plants, grass clippings, fertiliser and bathers all deposit phosphate into the water and, in the majority of cases, they’re likely to cause ongoing problems. This is another reason why it makes good sense to dose a phosphate affected pool regularly with Starver®M.
Phosphate is a major food source for algae
If you have phosphate in the water, algae are sure to follow. Left untreated, phosphate provides essential nutrients for algae clusters to form. It also prevents chemicals like algaecides, chlorine and other sanitisers from working effectively, so it pays to have a good preventative regime to prevent phosphates from growing in the first place.
Aqua-Health Aquaguard C.S.M. is an all-purpose preventative maintenance product that enhances the quality of your pool’s surrounds, equipment and water. And it only needs to be added to pool water once every three months to work effectively.
It is a highly economical product – just 500ml is needed for a 50,000-litre pool – with four treatments a year costing roughly $1.20 per week.
Special features of Aqua-Health Aquaguard C.S.M. include:
- Removes existing scale from pool walls, equipment and pipes, and prevents new scale from building up
- Acts as a powerful sequestering agent, meaning that its presence in the water will inhibit metal elements such as iron and copper from dropping out of the solution
- Protects salt chlorinator cells from scale build-up
When it comes to pool care, prevention really is better than cure. Routine applications of these fantastic products will not only keep water clean and healthy but save you money – leaving more to spend during your summer holidays!
To find out more simply contact your local Swimart pool and spa shop or call 1300 991 104.