Swimart competition prize a win-win for everyone
Young Hannah Savill loves jumping into her pool with her friends and splashing around. But the 13-year-old from Caloundra in Queensland also knows how lucky she is to be able to do it. Hannah has raised more than $600 for Safe Water September, a program that aims to raise money to create water sources for a Zimbabwean community. So when her mum Donna won last month’s Swimart competition, it was appropriate that she donated the money she would otherwise have spent on products at her local Currimundi store towards Hannah’s fundraising total.
“750 million people worldwide don't have access to safe water,” Donna says. “Every $20 raised means one more person has access to safe water. Hannah would like to make a difference in a community in Zimbabwe, which is why she got involved in the program.”
Hannah registered online and pledged to drink only water throughout September (which included her 13th birthday!)
Safe Water September is the annual fundraising campaign of Embody, an overseas mission of the Churches of Christ. All money raised from Safe Water September goes to the Zimbabwean organisation Showers of Blessing to drill bore holes to provide water in rural areas around Bulawayo.
Donna shops for pool supplies at her local Currimundi Swimart store and decided to enter the competition for a chance to win $100 Swimart dollars to spend in the store. She was asked to describe what she loved most about her pool and responded with a poem:
"Cool, clean, fresh water thanks to the Swimart crew
We can enjoy great times with family and fun with friends too!"
Donna says she was surprised and thrilled to win and immediately thought of how she could put the money she would save by not having to pay for chemicals to good use. “Hannah was raising money for Safe Water September, so I told her I would give the $100 I was saving on pool chemicals to her total,” says mum Donna.
Swimart Currimundi franchisee Darren Brown says he is very happy that Donna’s competition win will help to raise money for a good cause. “Here in Australia we sometimes take our access to safe fresh drinking water for granted,” he says. “It’s great to see a young girl like Hannah trying to raise money and awareness to help people in Zimbabwe who aren’t as lucky as us. I think it was especially wonderful that Hannah didn’t drink any soft drinks even on her milestone 13th birthday.”
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
What’s the funniest thing that’s ever happened in or around your pool?
For your chance to win $100 Swimart dollars to spend in-store, complete the entry form below and tell us in 25 words or less, what is the funniest thing that’s ever happened in or near your swimming pool.
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email, telephone and postcode in your entry.
Terms and conditions- Swimart prize pack giveaway
1. Entry is open to those who are over 16 years of age.
2. The prize is 1 x $100 Swimart dollars to spend in any Swimart store.
3. To enter the prize draw, the entrant must complete the entry form below.
4. Competition commences at 9.00am (AEST) on 16.11.15 and closes at 8.00pm (AEST) on 30.11.15
5. There can be only one competition entry per person.
6. Swimart takes no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. The judges will select what they consider to be the best entry.
8. The judges’ decision is final.
9. Employees of Swimart, their families and associated companies are ineligible to enter.
10. The promoter is Swimart ABN 62002070733, Unit 7, 2-8 South St, Rydalmere NSW 2116.
11. The competition will be judged on the 3 December 2015
12. The winner will be notified by email within 10 days of the competition closing.
13. Swimart accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to the prize in transit.
14. The promoter makes no representations or warranties relating to the quality or suitability of the prize.
15. In the event that the prize item is unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value.
16. The prizes is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Click HERE for Home Servicing.