Warm up with a pool cover from Daisy
Keeping your pool warm, clean and properly dosed with chemicals becomes even more important in the winter months; who wants spend hours out in the cold maintaining the pool? A pool cover can be the answer to your problems this winter. Daisy Pool Covers are built to withstand pool chemicals and exposure to the elements so they can save you money, time and effort for years.
The main benefits of installing a pool cover include:
- Extra warmth without using a heat pump or other heating system.
Having a pool cover can increase the temperature of your pool water by up to eight degrees. A Daisy pool cover harnesses the sun’s warmth by allowing heat to pass through into the water, where it is then trapped. This means you can avoid those expensive power bills that come with most pool heating systems.
- Prevents water loss from evaporation.
The average swimming pool can lose up to 2.5cm of water each day to evaporation; that can add up to 10, 000 litres of water a year. Using a pool cover stops this water loss, which over time adds up to a lot of water saved. An added bonus is that you won’t have to be constantly topping up your pool water.
- Keep the heat in.
Over winter, a pool cover acts as a barrier between the cold air and the warmer pool water. This is particularly good news if you have a heat pump, solar or gas system in place, as the heat they generate won’t be instantly lost. It also means the system won’t have to work as hard, so you can reduce running times and costs.
- Dirt and leaves prevented from entering the pool.
Pulling the cover over your pool when it’s not in use will save you a great deal of time cleaning out leaves, dirt and other debris that would be blown into the water if it wasn’t covered. This means you have more time to enjoy your pool rather than cleaning it!
- Cut your chemical use.
Chlorine and salt are a major cost to pool owners; after installing a pool cover, use of these chemicals can be cut up to 50 per cent. This is because most pool chemicals return to their natural gas state and escape into the atmosphere, leaving you with little option but to top it up. A pool cover prevents this chemical loss.
Head down to your local Swimart to find out more information or obtain a quote, or visit daisypoolcovers.com.au
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is a Daisy pool cover valued up to $820.
- To enter the prize draw, entrants must fully complete the entry form on Swimart’s website at https://swimart.com.au by 5pm (AEST) on Wednesday June 5, 2013.
- There is to be only one competition entry per person.
- Competition commences at 12pm (AEST) on Thursday May 2, 2013 and concludes at 5pm (AEST) on Wednesday June 5, 2013.
- The winner will be notified by email within 10 days of the competition closing.
- Details of the winner will also be published in Swimart’s email newsletter.
- Swimart accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to prizes in transit.
- The Promoter makes no representation or warranties relating to the quality or suitability of the prize.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Daisy Pool Covers take no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
The prize is to be picked up from your local Swimart store. Daisy Pool Covers take no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.